We keep on expecting for someone to tell us ‘lead me’ along the way. That doesn’t just happen. To become a leader in status you have to be a leader inside. And good new, being a leader inside is something you can grow towards.
How to grow your leadership skills?
- Seek advise from people whose leadership you admire.
- Be supportive and positive towards all people, even if you don’t have any responsibility towards them.
- Distinguish between between exemplary leadership and learn what to stay away from.
- Learn leadership techniques that work on you and make you feel good about yourself. Chances are they work similarly on other people.
- Don’t wait for the job to come before you start caring about people. You’ll get positive reactions from people instantly if you treat them with kindness and respect.
Become a leader first and then opportunity will come your way.